Monday 5 May 2008

Training Schedule: Week #5

Monday: Off.
Tuesday: Time: 2:15 - Distance: 60km - Elevation Gain: 434m - Ave HR: 148.
Started out ok but I could feel last week in my legs, still.
Wednesday: Training race: Time: 1:53 - Distance: 60km - NP: 240 - Ave HR: 146.
I sat in for the first half and tried to warm up. It took a while to get the legs going. I started attacking in the second half and had a few good 10+ minute efforts. A little better but still a long way to go.
Thursday:Time: 1:53 - Distance: 58km - Elevation Gain: 382m - Ave HR: 140. NP:172
I felt totally dead today. Pretty early in the program and I guess I am having trouble adapting to the training load. It'll come.
Friday:Off
Saturday:Time: 4:34 - Distance: 134km - Elevation Gain: 1510m - Ave HR: 145. NP:234
I was a little surprised how good I felt. Certainly not great but, considering how crappy I felt all week I was pretty pleased with the ride.
Sunday: Bachelor part last night. No ride...

Totals:
Time: 10.5 hours
Distance: 312km
Elevation gain: 2326m
Ave HR: 144
TSS:Pending
IF: Pending
NP:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob:

Dopolina fan here by way of Bikeforums.net. I also used to live in Taiwan, down Chiayi way. Can I make a suggestion for a future post on your blog? How about sharing some of your ride routes? Maybe even with maps? That would be really kewl to know.

Rousseau

Bob Dopolina said...

Ah, I live in Tainan. I often ride in Chiayi county.

Maps and routes? Good idea. I've done a few course profiles they would be more interesting with an associated map.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'll be watching for some maps. You say you've ridden in Chiayi county before? Ever made it up to the Golden Buddha (半天岩) and beyond?