Sunday 13 April 2008

Ergomo 1.0 - The anticipation


I am a few days away from receiving and installing my new Ergomo set-up.

I have heard both good and bad things about the system but have decided that it is the best option for me. I am currently testing wheels for Novatech, so a PowerTap was never on the table. SRM would be nice but I feel the cost is prohibitive. I also like the idea of Ergomo in terms of how it interfaces with the bike. Another plus seems to be the computer display itself. it has features that others don't.

I have heard users complain about how difficult the Ergomo system is to install. With many years of bike shop and industry experience this doesn't worry me at all. We'll see.

I've been racing for 20+ years. I am a licensed coach. Although this gives me a pretty good background I am most excited about what changes, in terms of training structure, using a power meter will bring.

I have already adapted some of my interval work to those that are based on use with a PM. My former team mates were using SRM so I had access and exposure to their equipment and training methods but I never fully made the switch as I felt I was close to retirement and didn't think a complete revision of my training was worth the energy. Obviously I've changed my mind.

I will post about the installation procedure once the unit arrives but for now all I can do is wait like it's December 23rd.

No comments: