Friday 18 April 2008

Ergomo 1.1 - J'arrive!

Or something like that.
Well, it's here. I'm a tad disappointed because the cranks didn't show up. It's no biggie as I have some cranks that I can use.

I flipped through the destructions. All the whining I'd read about installation seems a bit much. It looks pretty straight forward and should take about a hour if I have a beer in one hand.

The case is really nice and the computer display look excellent. I like the screen choices and I'm sure I will have much more to say about that once I start using it.

It obviously comes with software. I think that will be the real make or break for the unit. I will document the installation and hopefully put to bed the idea that Ergomo is a pain to install.

Come' on folks, it ain't rocket surgery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"This ain't rocket surgery. All you need to play this game is a big heart and a big bag of knuckles in front of the net." Mike Myers (Don Cherry, Mystery Alaska) ---Sorry, just love that quote.
Anyway, for the non experienced mechanic, how long would you guesstimate to do this job?

Bob Dopolina said...

I would guess 1 to 2 hours. It isn't technically difficult it's just that there's a lot of trial and error involved. If you guess right with the spacers on the first try then it could be fairly quick. If, like me, you need to install, torque, check the positioning of the cables, uninstall, swap spacers, re-install, torque...you get the idea.

Also, the unit itself is a bit awkward to work with. This is caused by the fact that there is a bundle of wires attached so you need to be a little careful. I imagine it is possible to remove them during installation but, not knowing for sure, I didn't.

All in all, like I said, it's not rocket surgery it's just a but time consuming. Once it's in, it's in. The rest is a snap.