Monday 14 April 2008

Training Schedule: Week 2

Monday: Off - Well, I nailed that one.
Tuesday: Time: 2:45 - Distance: 75km - Elevation Gain: 610m - Ave HR: 141
I felt pretty good today. I was able to carry some speed through the climbs but couldn't maintain any real intensity. I plan on using this course on Tuesdays and Thursdays but think I will need to lengthen it as I get fitter.
Wednesday: Training race - CANCELLED due to weather.
Thursday: Time: 2:35 - Distance: 65km - Elevation Gain: 400m - Ave HR: 144
Felt flat today. I wanted to go out and hammer in the rain but the gas just wasn't there. Rode tempo instead.
Friday:
1 hour easy. There is a big weather system hanging around and it is killing me.
Saturday: 2:40, 75km,
elevation gain: 900m , Ave HR: 146. First ride with the new PM. I jammed the power climbs pretty hard. I could feel it near the end.
Sunday: 3:40, 110km, Elevation gain: 1100m, Ave HR: 148. Started strong but didn't eat enough the night before. Totally ran out of jam mid-ride.

Totals:
Time: 12.5 hours
Distance:355km
Elevation gain:2910m
Ave HR: INCREASING!

Not a good week. I felt tired and had difficulty maintaining intensity.

No comments: